Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smooth Newt

 Smooth Newt - Male and female - Lissotriton vulgaris - Liten Salamander hann og hun
Canon EOS 1D mk IV - EF24-70 f/2.8L - at 52mm, 1/80sec, f/9.0 iso 200 


Exited to find Smooth Newt (Common Newt) today. I had an idea about using my new go-pro hero2 and try out some UV photo. But "rookie" mistake. The power button had "of course" been turned on long time ago.....


Bad prep perhaps.....or time to by a hard case:)
So I had to use backup plan with a clear glass jar.
The Newts were of course released back to the pond after the shoot.


The location of this pond, I will keep as a secret. Earlier year, I have found the even rarer Great Crested Newt in the same pond. Both species are "red listed" so I feel pretty lucky to be able to photograph these amphibians.



Smooth Newt - Male and two females - Lissotriton vulgaris - Liten Salamander hann og to hunner
Canon EOS 1D mk IV - EF24-70 f/2.8L - at 32mm, 1/160sec, f/7.1 iso 200 

No comments:

Post a Comment